Emergency Mechanical Services
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hiya all, just a quick drop by

3 posters

Go down

Hiya all, just a quick drop by Empty Hiya all, just a quick drop by

Post by jockey Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:01 am

(Copy and pasted from old fourms, as I didnt remember about the new ones lol)

Hi all,
First off I must say sorry I have been missing for so long.

Things have been crazy here, life is mental but has been great. My wife and 4 children, with my 2 jobs have kept me really busy, 24 hours in a single day just is not enough at the moment Razz

I trust everyone has been keeping well, I managed to grab a few minutes so I decided to try and catch up with everyone.

Also, I have wondered, as the new Star Trek Online open beta has started and my wife bought me the pre order direct to drive dde copy for christmas (as I'm a star trek nut ) would anyone else be trying it out?

I'm not sure how EMS could work, if at all in it (though I do know there are repair devices in it as my friend has one fitted and uses it on me when I tank for him), but I hope that you all will give it a try as I would like to fly with you all again soon, but not having time for 1 game really, I wont be ale to keep up with 2 Sad

I am keeping Vendetta on my machine, and I have some holiday time coming up (yea!!! - about time too), but rather than being in 2 games I'm hoping to see you guys in STO if not, then when I have my time off - I have a good reason to play 2 mmos (lol, win - win for me really ).

So basicly, who, if anyone will give this new game a go??
And who is my excuse to spend more time on the pc so I can play Vendetta?

Also, not sure if they are doing a free trail or a buddy key system yet, if it is buddy keys I will let you all know and hand mine out to EMS members to try if your intrested Smile

Best regards

Jockey

jockey

Back to top Go down

Hiya all, just a quick drop by Empty Re: Hiya all, just a quick drop by

Post by ElvisClone777 Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:05 pm

Heya Jockey!!

Ya know, looking over the log-in logs for EMS Members yesterday, my eye stayed especially long on your handle. I thought to myself: "Damn. When was the last time I saw or heard from Jockey? Has he gone the way of the Sam?" Awesome to see ya still around!!!

As for STO, I would be keen to try it. If buddy keys or whatnot happen to be available, *please* let me know. Not sure I have the dough for another MMORPG though, or even the time. Most of my "spare" has been spent on my newly acquired PS2, and figuring ways to bend the console towards my mischievous wiles. Wink

Good to hear from ya!! drunken
ElvisClone777
ElvisClone777

Back to top Go down

Post by jockey Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:22 pm

Just an update on STO, I have been in the open beta since it started and I have seen how EMS could work in it sticking to the values of EMS.

Some of the options are;

(Space)
Extending your shields around another player to protect them
Sending security teams over to counter enemy boarding parties
Remote hull repairing
Sensor jamming to prevent damage to allies

(Ground)
Healing tricorder
Boosting power to personal shields
Building shield domes and/or turrets to protect and prevent damage
Stun based weapons to protect yourself and allow others to exploit the target

And thats just what I have personally seen in game Smile

It is easier to play as a good guy, with plenty of missions and things to do, I think anyone who wants to try and recreate EMS would be better with the good guys.

Even on a solo mission you can equip your away team with weapons and still play a supporting role, letting them do the killing and you just heal/buff and debuff. Though killing npcs is no biggy Wink

Klingons, while have the same options for the space and ground are basicly PvP based (as in I have only had about 3 missions to kill npcs, the rest are all pvp) to gain levels so its pleanty of killing in order to make the most of the stuff available.

Anyway, there is my STO update, hope everyone is well and keeping up the good work.

jockey

Back to top Go down

Post by ElvisClone777 Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:19 am

Great to hear, Jockey!!

And I found out that free STO keys are given with purchase of Macho drink from Del Taco, so I'll be rolling over there at some time. I'll attach the link if I can find it again.
ElvisClone777
ElvisClone777

Back to top Go down

Post by jockey Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:09 pm

The keys are for an in game item, a type 8 shuttle craft - they are in big demand on the STO fourms.

Though if I may be so bold, should you happen across a spare one, I'd like to put it to good use Wink

Still not heard of any free trials as of yet, though the game is shaping up nicely so far. For the start of an MMO its launch was a bit rouge but has settled in now Smile

I'm going to keep on at cryptic for buddy keys or a free trial so you guys can give it a go Smile

jockey

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Death Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:30 am

Haven't been on the forums for a really long time! So, I have just ONE question:

D'you suppose I need to know much about Star Trek to play STO? I've seen the 2009 Star Trek movie (that was REALLY GOOD) and... well, that's about it.

Razz

Little Death

Back to top Go down

Post by jockey Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:00 pm

The best part about STO, you do not need to know anything about Star Trek. Timeline it is set way after Picard, so everything is new to everyone Smile

All there really is to learn is the controls, for the ground it is a 3rd person shooter and in space it is WASD for ship direction, Q&E for throttle, spacebar to fire 1 - 8 for skills as and when you learn them Very Happy

jockey

Back to top Go down

Post by jockey Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:02 pm

ElvisClone777 wrote:Great to hear, Jockey!!

And I found out that free STO keys are given with purchase of Macho drink from Del Taco, so I'll be rolling over there at some time. I'll attach the link if I can find it again.

If I may be so bold, I have been talking with my real life friends who play STO, and it turns out they like the look of the shuttles you get from the Del Taco codes, so should you come across any spare ones we would be really thankful for them Wink

jockey

Back to top Go down

Post by jockey Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:05 pm

Forgot to add STO website for anyone intrested Sad

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - there we go Smile

jockey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down